5/21/07

the opposite of ordinary

What's the difference between a revered, creative genius and Sam, the stream-of-consciousness homeless guy i pass everyday who wears colorful necklaces and wants to marry me. Brain chemicals? Ability to channel? Upbringing? Is the line between crazy and eccentric dictated by the proclivity to suppress; to blend in? I find myself toning it down a lot. People seem to like me better toned down. I've never known how to feel about this.

What's the opposite of "crazy"?
Mena's character in American Beauty thought ordinary was the worst thing a person could be. She worried about it so much, you wondered if she wasn't fighting it.

Beyond what intelligence level is "ordinary" no longer possible?
I suddenly feel down.

No comments:

About Me

This is me trying to do more with myself.