5/19/07

It's Time

I Should Have Written Before Now
It seems so final; the words on the page. Sure, you can go in and edit, but i don't see myself doing that. I'm going to have enough trouble keeping up with the present tense; forget going back to edit the past.
I've procrastinated for years now, busying myself with cleaning, or making nervous lists or most recently, Six Feet Under from Netflix. (yes! welcome me to 2003. it's great to be here...) for YEARS. So what's changed?

Better Now Than Never
I'm just tired of the excuses to myself. And I got a wake-up call this morning.
Literally, the guy woke me up. I'd pranked him– his voicemail really– about a month ago when I randomly found myself in an Uno's bar with his friend, Joe or Bob or Pete or whatever his name was, after he followed me out of a focus group we'd just sat through for two hours. I put up with him as he walked with me down Comm Ave. I wouldn't tell him what I did for work, as i find most people i meet off the street all have the same tiresome thoughts on advertising. And I didn't feel like doing into my "rocks and dirt" thing I usually give people I meet on planes. (People don't know ANYthing about rocks & dirt. It's so great.)

There we were in the bar, when he wanted me to start prank-calling some of his friends. I love pranks. Alas, there were only voicemail pranks that evening. Even though he's called a time or two, I haven't talked to that Pete/Bob guy since. No reason I haven't called him. Just no reason TO call him.

Jeff, one of Joe/Bob's prank-callees, called me this morning, wondering who i was. I told him straight-away, and after that we started talking about diamonds and dogs, and about how unfair it is, that a girl's best friend is an over-valued thief-magnet, while a man's best friend is the most awesome thing you could own. We talked about his buddy Joe/Pete/Bob and how he tucks his shirts in and how it seems he forces his hair to do things it doesn't want to do. I almost want to call him just so I can have a chance with that hair. When he asked about my accent, I congratualted him on being the 3rd person in a 48-hour period to ask me that. I wouldn't mind telling people where I'm from, if it didn't illicit nearly the same reaction in people: the ANNOYING reaction.

Am I alone, in that I hate having the same conversation with different people over and over again??
Actually, Tom Wilson expresses it nicely. Enjoy:




Thanks Jeff, for telling me to write my brain down. We'll see how long I keep this up.
:)
-JH

No comments:

About Me

This is me trying to do more with myself.